Gain real-world business, accounting, and financial training that will teach you all aspects of financial management pertaining to running a successful business. Our program fully prepares you to become a Business Manager of your own financial operation. A key partner in our organization, the Business Manager oversees all aspects of financial management and provides balance to the partnership formed with the marketing and operational pieces of our business. You'll enjoy performance-based promotions and big earning potential as you climb the management ladder. Plus, you'll work with fun people at a $22 billion industry leader that supports you every step of the way.
This position offers solid professional and financial growth opportunities. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to achieve continued growth and success. The ideal candidate will portray strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organizational and time management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
This position offers targeted annual compensation of $53,000
We provide financial support towards CPA fees (conditions apply)
Starting as a Staff Accountant, you will be exposed to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement, preparation, and analysis.
At Enterprise, you will have the chance to run your own financial operation and provide balance to the marketing and operational pieces of our business. We offer a comprehensive development program where you will work closely with sales and marketing, human resources, procurement, and more to produce excellence in customer service, growth strategies, operating efficiencies, and profitability.
As your understanding of our business grows and your ability to make solid business decisions develops, you will soon take on a supervisory role within a business management team. How fast you progress is completely up to you. With our entrepreneurial philosophy, there is truly nothing holding you back.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assuring all reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Perform Monthly close duties
- Identify and communicate process improvements and opportunities
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and financial year end supporting schedules
- Assist with branch evaluation process
- Provide ongoing and high level of accounting supportand analysis to rental branches
- Establish effective communication lines with other departments
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Must have intermediate or above proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must have a valid Canadian driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record (DUI/DWI) or criminal record within the past 5 years
Additional desired skills/competencies include
- Commitment to attain CPA certification
- Excellent time-management, organization, and follow-up skill
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and customer service capabilities
- Flexible to relocate outside of Atlantic Canada within a 1-3-year period to accept potential promotional opportunities