The Retail Collector pursues balances owed from individual customers on rental transactions. This position may also be called upon to perform account analysis and/or provide additional support for the daily activities of the department.
This position is located at our Toronto Administrative Office on 709 Milner Ave. Scarborough, ON.
This position pays $20.20/Hr.
- Review reservations, rentals and credit card authorizations and charges to determine validity and/or discrepancies with rental charges
- Make daily inbound/outbound customer calls via phone or email to resolve balances owed; escalate disputed balances and other issues to the supervisor
- Activate/deactivate “Do Not Rent” requests
- Request letters and police reports for cases of stolen vehicle or identity theft; work with stations regarding warrants on stolen vehicles
- Perform skip traces via Lexis Nexis, Internet and Directory assistance to locate valid customer address and/or phone numbers
- Utilize PeopleSoft Financials to verify balances owed, run queries and determine aging balances
- Research accounts to ensure billing accuracy
- Ensure daily and monthly collections goals and requirements are met
- Submit requests for both payments and small balance write offs
- Maintain clear and concise notes in PeopleSoft, as well as Odyssey, software systems
- Seek to improve job performance through self-assessment, skill development, training and goal setting
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. Post-Secondary education would be an asset
- Minimum two years of collections experience preferred
- Bilingual in French and English Preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook & Word
- Oracle/PeopleSoft experience is a plus
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require sponsorship, now or in the future
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent telephone manner with strong communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to research, determine and negotiate a settlement amount